Paintwork

Tin coating.

Parts witch were dented i prepaired with a tin-coat. This gives me the chance to use less filler as possibele.

 

Removed paint.

On many parts of my Regina was a unknown varnish. I have removed this varnish completely because i was not sure, that the new varnish is compatible to the unknown.
The risk of incompatibility of the old and new varnish was to high for me.

 

Prime

After tin-coat i used "Sikkens Autosurfacer" applyed with a spraygun.

 

Prime

After drying i wet-sanded the parts.

 

Paint booth.

Before i start the paintwork, i build a paint booth from tarpaulin.
I use a tarpaulin with 4x12 meters. I hung it up, that the top and all sides are closed.
So only a minimum of dust can get into the booth.
Also it prevents from the nice insects, which always want to examine the quality of the varnish. :-)

 

Coated.

For the varnish i decided to use the color RAL 9005 (black), because it`s a standard color.
If i want to get a powder coating on some parts, it´s easy to get the same color.

 

Coated.

For the parts (without the frame) i needed a half liter varnish. Another advantage of the standard color is,
that it is also available in industrial-quality witch is cheaper then special varnish for cars.
For a "homemade varnishing" im happy with the result.

 

Coated.

 

Coated.

I never thought, that there are so many parts to coat.

Some smaller parts, which are missing now, i will coat later with a aerosol can.

 

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.